Experience and Qualifications
- 25+ years professional photography
- Transport Canada certified pilot
- Professional flight simulator training
- Over 75 logged hours of drone real-time flight
- Extensive Photoshop and video production training
Why I Fly
As a young child, my dream was to fly like a bird. Growing up, I dreamed of being an astronaut. Alas, NASA had no place for 10 year old Canadians at the time... Then, as life progressed I became a flight simulator enthusiast.
I also loved taking pictures, so I started a successful photography business in western Canada. The evolution of digital cameras and smartphones caused many a photographer to refocus their business (pun intended), so the industry's marriage of photography and quadcopters was my cue...
This isn't just a business opportunity for me; it's a passion. It was a very emotional experience for me, watching - in ultra-high definition - the very first flight over my little village of Burnstown.
I can finally fly like a bird.
How I Fly
Basically by Transport Canada's rule book:
- Always fly line-of-sight, where the pilot has continuous eye contact with their drone.
- Maintain 400 foot ceiling restriction.
- Not within 3 nautical miles of an aerodrome or waterdrome, and 1 naughtical mile from a heliport.
- Only fly in uncontrolled Class G airspace.
What I Fly
- Two drones: DJI Phantom 3 Standard, and DJI Mavic Pro. The drones are characterised by:
- Stabilized 12 million pixel resolution gimbel-suspended camera (Ultra High-Def 2.7K, 4K)
- Up to 18 minutes flight time
- Default altitude limit: 400' above ground
- Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 40°C
- Distance range: Up to 7 kilometers
- Vertically stablized via barometric pressure sensors, stereoscopic cameras, and sonar.
- Horizontally stabilized via GPS and stereoscopic cameras.
- Forward facing obstacle avoidance.
- Brushless motors to ensure predictable, safe, and long lasting performance.
- Extra batteries, charging equipment, memory cards, props, photo filters, etc.
What's With The Wolf Thing?
Wolves are fiercely loyal animals to their pack, and often loved by solitary individuals who keep a very close social group. Integrity is their trademark...